Fabio Franzin (Milan, 1963) lives in Motta di Livenza, northwest of Treviso, Veneto. He works as poetry editor for the international journal of poetic civilization “Smerilliana”. He has published several books both in Italian and in his very specific Venetian dialect called Opitergino-Mottense. He is one of the authors belonging to the so-called neo-dialectal wave appeared in the Italian poetry scene in the last 10 years. In 2009, Atelier dedicated to his work a monographic number. His book Fabrica, (Borgomanero: Atelier, 2009 and 2010) won the “Premio Pascoli” in 2009 and the “Premio Baghetta” the year after. In 2010, he also won the “Giacomo Noventa – Romano Pascutto” prize and two year after the “Tito Maniacco”. Before that, in 2007, his book Mus.cio e roe (Muschio e spine) had already won the “Premio S. Pellegrino Terme” and “Superpremio Insula Romana”, and in 2008, the “Premio Guido Gozzano”. His poems are published in several poetry journals in Italy and abroad, and translated in English, French, Chinese, Arab, German, Spanish, Catalan and Slovenian.
His books in “Opitergino-Mottense” Venetian dialect are:
- El coeor dee paroe (Rome: Zone, 2000).
- Pare (padre) (Spinea: Helvetia, 2006).
- Mus.cio e roe (Muschio e spine) (Sasso Marconi: Le voci della luna, 2007 and 2008).
- Fabrica (Borgomanero: Atelier, 2009 and 2010).
- Rosario de siénzhi (Rosario di silenzi – Rožni venec iz tišine) (Postaja: Topolove, 2010) three lingual edition with translation into Slovenian by Marko Kravos.
- Siénzhio e orazhión (Silenzio e preghiera) (Motta di Livenza: Edizioni Prioritarie, 2010).
- Co’e man monche (Con le mani mozzate) (Milano: Le voci della luna, 2011)
- Fabrica e altre poesie (Borgomanero: Ladolfi Editore, 2013).
- Bestie e stranbi (Martinsicuro: Di Felice edizioni, 2013).
- Statue de tèra, plaquette, in “Tera Pustota” film documentario di Valeria Davanzo (Conegliano: Dario De Bastiani Editore, 2013).
His books in Italian are:
- Il groviglio delle virgole (Grottammare: Stamperia dell’arancio, 2005) wimmer of the “Premio Sandro Penna” in 2004 for the unpublished section.
- Entità (Biagio Cepollaro E-dizioni, 2007) e-book.
- Canti dell’offesa (Cesena: Il Vicolo, 2011).
His book both in Italian and in “Opitergino-Mottense” Venetian dialect is:
- Margini e rive (Rome: Città Nuova, 2012).